Friday, January 8, 2010

January 8 - "Billy Bisexual Takes a Lover"

BILLY’s bedroom. MAE, 22, sits on his bed, staring out the window. There are no curtains.

Great view of a construction site, complete with CONSTRUCTION WORKERS. One waves to her. She waves back.

BILLY enters from an adjacent bathroom. He’s older than her.

BILLY
So what do you think of the room?

MAE
I think you need a pair of shades. Or a curtain, or something.

BILLY
What do you mean?

MAE
Well what if we want privacy?

BILLY
Oh, we have plenty of privacy.

MAE
Uh, no we don’t.

BILLY
Believe me, the construction workers won’t look in.

MAE
One of them waved at me.

BILLY
Really?

MAE
Really.

BILLY
Ignore it. They won’t look in. Trust me.

He sits next to her, kisses her. They fall backwards. Shirts come off.
After a few seconds, he sits up.

BILLY
They really waved to you?

She sits up, too. Her bra is magenta.

MAE
Ignore it. They won’t look in.

BILLY
They stopped doing that for a while. (Pointing to her bra) Love the color, by the way.

MAE
Thanks, it’s new. Now, can we

BILLY
Those bastards haven’t looked in at me in a while. It must be because you’re a woman.

MAE
What do you mean?

BILLY
Well, when my last boyfriend and I were fooling around, they took one glance and never looked in again.

MAE
Umm, did you just say boyfriend?

BILLY
I wouldn’t necessarily call him boyfriend...It was more like a random hookup. And boy, that certainly scared those construction workers, I tell you.

MAE
Okay. I gotta go.

BILLY
What? Why?

MAE
You never told me you had sex with guys.

BILLY
I don’t. I hate having sex with men. I just like giving blow jobs. But that’s irrelevant here.

MAE
How is that irrelevant?

BILLY
Because I love having sex with women.

MAE
Yeah, I’m outta here.

MAE grabs her blouse, puts it on, exits.
BILLY walks to the window, his shirt still off. He stares out.
The CONSTRUCTION WORKERS wave.

No comments: