Sunday, January 24, 2010

January 24 - "Photo Call"

Two people on their cell phones - SHELBY O’DONNELL and KENNY SCHWARTZ. He’s far older than her.

KENNY
Hi, Shelby?

SHELBY
Pronto.

KENNY
It’s Kenny Schwartz. Remember me? From Bryant High?

SHELBY
Yes! How are you?

KENNY
I’m good, thanks. How are you?

SHELBY
Good. How did you get this number?

KENNY
Miranda gave it to me.

SHELBY
She and I don’t speak anymore.

KENNY
That’s too bad.

SHELBY
Meh.

KENNY
So, I have a proposition for you.

SHELBY
Okay.

KENNY
I don’t know if you’ve heard, but I’m a photographer now. Have you heard?

SHELBY
Quite frankly, Kenny, I haven’t heard from you since we did “Godspell” five years ago.

KENNY
Anyway, I’m a photographer now, and I was wondering if you’d be interested in posing.

SHELBY
Maybe.

KENNY
Now, feel free to say no, but would you be willing to do some tasteful - and I make a point of saying “tasteful” - nudes? You’ve always seemed like the person to me who wouldn’t have a problem with that.

SHELBY
Uh, no.

KENNY
Well, would you consider it?

SHELBY
Uh, no.

KENNY
May I ask why?

SHELBY
I’m going to hang up now. Nice talking to you.

She hangs up.

No comments: