Monday, January 4, 2010

January 4 - "Say Yes to the Dress"

(based on an idea by Lisa DiCarlucci)

AMANDA in a wedding gown, ALLIE and ALISHA in bridesmaids dresses.

ALLIE
Amanda, you look so fucking beautiful, I can’t get over it.

ALISHA
It’s utterly disgusting how gorgeous you look.

AMANDA
You girls do, too!

ALISHA
It’s just too bad that we aren’t --

AMANDA
Shut up, Alisha! I refuse to have this day ruined for me.

ALISHA
Sorry, Amanda.

AMANDA
Where did that lady go with my headpiece?

ALEX, the saleswoman, enters carrying a large, gaudy, veiled headpiece.

ALEX
This is what you were looking for, right?

AMANDA
My word! It’s stunning! Isn’t it stunning Allie?

ALLIE
(eyes-widening)
So stunning.

ALEX
And it would go very well with that dress. You know, we’ve had so many people buy this dress. They’re not making it anymore, you know. This is the last one we have.

AMANDA
Really?

ALEX
Very last one. Ever. I’ll leave you to it. Come find me when you’re ready.

ALEX leaves.

AMANDA
Did you hear that? This is the last version of this dress they’ll ever have. I have to buy it.

ALLIE
Uh, Amanda?

AMANDA
What?

ALLIE
You’re not getting married.

ALISHA
You’re not even engaged. Or seeing anyone.

AMANDA
Rub it in. I think I’m gonna buy it.

ALLIE
It’s ridiculously expensive.

AMANDA
They’re never making it again, Allie. Never. Again.

A beat.

ALLIE
You should buy it. It’s just beautiful.

AMANDA
Alisha? What say you?

ALISHA
Oh fine, buy it.

AMANDA, followed by ALLIE and ALISHA exit, almost like a wedding procession.
After a few seconds, a SALESWOMAN enters with a WOMAN and her BRIDESMAIDS. The SALESWOMAN holds the exact same dress as AMANDA had on.

SALESWOMAN
That is an extraordinary dress you’re wearing. And wouldn’t you know? That’s the last one we have in stock. And we aren’t getting any more, either.

Blackout.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

so how many days do i have to wait for counting 21?