Thursday, January 14, 2010

January 14 - "The Phone Call"

The Oval Office.

OBAMA’s phone rings. He answers.

OBAMA
Hello?

It’s DUBYA.

DUBYA
It’s Dubya.

OBAMA
Oh, hi, George.

DUBYA
I just want to tell you, you’re doin’ a heckuva job, just a heckuva job.

OBAMA
Thank you.

DUBYA
Thanks for not mentioning the whole Katrina thing, by the way.

OBAMA
Okay.

DUBYA
That coulda been bad news for me, I tell you what.

OBAMA
Well I’m fixing your mistakes here. I’m doing what you should have done.

DUBYA
I done a damn good job, don’t let your party tell you otherwise.

OBAMA
You left people on their roofs for weeks.

DUBYA
Now, it was just days. Don’t

OBAMA
Still, days too long, George. We are helping people who need them because we can do that. And we will do that. And we don’t want to remember your time in office, George.

DUBYA
Just...go with your gut, is all I’m saying. Make your own decisions.

OBAMA
I’m gonna let you go now, George, thanks for calling. Goodbye.

DUBYA
Longhorns 2k11!

OBAMA hangs up the phone.

No comments: